Guide to healthy coffee brands to help you make the healthiest coffee choice when having your preferred daily brew. Making a healthy choice is very important to us all, and many do not realize that you can do just that with your coffee.
What Makes the Healthiest Coffee Brand?
A brand that claims to have the healthiest coffee must be attentive and careful of the coffee production from seed to cup. A company that knows its coffee knows that many factors like soil and climate could affect its quality from the seed. When picking and sourcing coffee beans, they must be processed properly to avoid contaminating and spoiling an entire batch. From the milling, roasting, and packaging until it reaches your cup, processing coffee is an intricate art and science in itself.
So, a brand that says they have the healthiest coffee must know and identify with their coffee from seed to cup.
What Brands of Coffee Are Mold Free?
One of the most significant concerns every coffee lover has when it comes to their coffee is mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are naturally occurring toxins or fungi that mold produces. Although mycotoxins are natural, consuming high levels of them could potentially lead to poisoning.
To make sure you consume only the best and healthy, here is a list of coffee brands that are safe and free of mycotoxins:
• Purity Coffee– Purity Coffee is a company from South Carolina, the US, that promises to deliver coffee that maximizes its health benefits. They make sure that their coffee is sourced organically. They also conduct testing to maintain high-quality beans and ensure that it’s free of mycotoxins. With the stringent process that their coffee goes through, they claim that they have 60% more antioxidants than other brands. To ensure that their coffee is always fresh, they package and ship it within 48 hours after roasting the beans.
• Natural Force Coffee– Founded in 2009, Natural Force is a legally registered Benefit Corporation that aims to do business with social impact. Their coffee is grown organically and hand-picked carefully to prevent damages and imperfection. They also store their coffee in warehouses with controlled temperatures and strict measures to ensure that it is mold-free. Aside from that, they also commit to funding tree-planting initiatives in the Brazilian rainforest, Northern California, and Florida Everglades for every site purchase.
• Bulletproof Coffee– This brand introduced Bulletproof Coffee, a blend of coffee, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) oil, and butter in 2011. Their coffee beans are rigorously selected and do not have any artificial fillers. Aside from coffee, they also offer supplements, keto-friendly food, and other healthy snacks. The company uses both traditional and science-backed ingredients to develop its products: guaranteed soy-free, dye-free, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
• Kion Coffee– Kion Coffee makes sure that their beans are grown and ethically sourced from 100% Arabica beans of sustainable and fair-trade coffee cooperatives. Their regular laboratory testing ensures that their coffee is free of pesticides, yeast, mold, and mycotoxins.
• Peak Performance Coffee– Grown in the Guatemalan Highlands, Peak Performance Coffee is guaranteed organic, pesticide-free, and full of antioxidants. They claim to test their coffee twice for mycotoxins to make sure that it is free of mold and other contaminants.
• Lifeboost Coffee– Lifeboost Coffee is a healthy coffee that is 100% free of chemicals, non-GMO, single-origin, and fairly traded. They use sustainable farming practices to protect the wildlife and support farmers with fair wages. They also promise to give back to their community by donating a portion of their profits to support all programs and initiatives to protect the animals and plants in their coffee regions.
• Mindful Coffee – Based in London, United Kingdom, Mindful Coffee boasts of its specialty grade coffee beans that make up only 1% of the world’s coffee beans. Their coffee beans are also tested and show no signs of mycotoxins and other contaminants.
What Is the Number 1 Coffee in the World?
Kopi Luwak, also known as the civet coffee, is arguably the number one coffee globally. Because of its uncommon and unique processing, this coffee again tops the most expensive coffee in the world. Before coffee beans are produced, the coffee cherries must first be consumed by the Asian palm civet, which is then fermented in its digestive system. Once the civet defecates, the digested coffee beans are collected, cleaned, and processed. Due to this coffee’s rarity, many coffee lovers are expressing their concerns over unethical civet coffee farming and force-fed and caged civets.
Current Best Selling Whole Coffee Beans on Amazon:
What Toxins Are in Coffee?
Coffee growers and makers are very much aware that coffee is prone to molds and mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are toxic substances from molds, the tiny fungi that appear in crops like coffee. A more specific type of mycotoxin is called the Ochratoxin A.
Ochratoxin A can damage the kidneys over time and is described as neurotoxic, carcinogenic, immunosuppressive, and genotoxic.
These types of toxins are everywhere and could even reach your cup of coffee. Although mycotoxins in food are entirely unavoidable, coffee growers and producers process their coffee in strict and higher levels of standards to significantly reduce mycotoxins levels.
Which Country Is Famous for Coffee?
Both the Central and South Americas are known for their coffee farming and production. These areas offer the best conditions to grow, produce, and harvest coffee. Brazil tops the production of coffee in South America and the whole world ever since the 1840s. The farming and production of coffee have contributed significantly to the economy of the country. In 2020, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) estimated that Brazil could produce 58-60 million kilogram bags of coffee, which would form a third of the world’s entire coffee production.
Which Coffee Brand Is Best for Weight Loss?
Various studies have been conducted to find the link between drinking coffee and weight loss. Although there are claims that coffee could indeed promote weight loss, it would still depend on your intake, add-ons, and overall food consumption. The Coffee Lover’s Diet book of Dr. Bob Arnot claims that coffee suppresses appetite and increases metabolism, which leads to weight loss. However, it must be noted that too much caffeine intake also has its downsides, like high blood pressure, headaches, and insomnia, among others.
The best coffee for weight loss is black coffee. It has a low amount of calories yet high antioxidants. Black coffee is also more robust, making you more alert and energize should you go for a run or exercise. Adding milk, sweetener, and creamer to your black coffee ruins its “weight-loss powers” as you are also adding more calories and unsaturated fats to your coffee.
Which Is Better for Weight Loss, Green Tea or Coffee?
Both green tea and coffee contain caffeine which is believed to suppress appetite. However, in a published review of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, drinking green tea daily could potentially cut an inch off your waistline in three months. Compared to coffee, green tea has almost zero calories and higher antioxidants levels, which could aid in detoxifying the body and boosting the immune system. Drinking tea is also believed to reduce stress and calm your nerves.
What Brand of Coffee Does Mcdonald’s Use?
Since 1983, Gaviña Gourmet Coffee supplies McDonald’s with their gourmet coffee, grown in Brazil, Guatemala, Peru, Jamaica, and some parts of Africa. With their coffee, they contributed to McDonald’s coffee beverage segment’s success, notably when they introduced the Premium Roast Coffee in 2005. It was in 2009 when McDonald’s officially launched its McCafé, further expanding its coffee offerings.
Is Starbucks Coffee High Quality?
Ask any coffee lover what they think about Starbucks, and they would all agree that Starbucks does not have the highest quality coffee. They use stale coffee beans that are merely burnt and over-roasted. These dark and burnt coffee beans are then used as a base for their line-up of drinks, including lattes, frappuccinos, macchiatos, and other beverages drowned with sugar and whip cream. The coffee beans in packages or bags they are selling also do not indicate their roasting date, a must-have to determine its freshness.
Is Dunkin Donuts Coffee Folgers?
Technically, Dunkin Donuts coffee is not Folgers. However, these two are products by the same company, J.M. Smucker.
Since the 1950s, Americans loved Dunkin Donuts as it boasts of its “world’s finest coffee,” which was then upgraded in 2003 because they introduced the espresso. All of the coffee beverages in Dunkin Donuts are now certified by Rainforest Alliance.
Current Best Selling Ground Coffee on Amazon:
Healthy Coffee Guide Article Conclusion
This guide to healthy coffee brands should have helped you make the healthiest coffee choice when having your preferred daily brew. Take your time in researching and make a healthier choice the next time you look to buy more coffee.